Friday, May 20, 2011

:::Tattoo Me:::

Designs on hand, feet always fascinated me.That's why I love to do Mehndi/Heena on hands....Since, childhood I'm doing this on every auspicious occasions and wedding..and here in India almost every girl love to do..even in school and college time I use to make designs on my hand by pen in free periods and show it to others... But the question raised here, why we do mehndi? because it brings the good luck for the bride and people are following this tradition from ancient time or it's just the decoration ?..I believe it's just a decoration and you feel good.

There is one more tradition which is being followed by the people around the world. The Tattoo art. Yes the tattoos are permanent surgical insertions of pigments underneath the skin (where as mehndi rests over the skin for some time) These days tattoos are really in. Mostly popular among youngsters here....

Once I was watching Roadies 8 audition episode...in which one guy came with the tattoo on his left hand saying " Om Mani Padme Hum". So then Raghu asked him why you got that tattoo, he replied,"I just liked it"..Do you know the meaning of this?..."Ya it's a song or something"...."What the crap, you don't know the meaning and you have applied it permanently", said Raghu. Well I agree with Raghu, sometimes people don't know the actual meaning of such symbols, sayings, sutras from other languages and tattooed them permanently on their skin...it happens mostly here in India...because this art doesn't belongs to India.Well in other parts of the world tattoo art is typically ancient and served as rites of passage, marks of status and rank, symbols of religious and spiritual devotion, decorations for bravery, sexual lures and marks of fertility, pledges of love, punishment, amulets and talismans, protection, and as the marks of outcasts, slaves and convicts.(ref. Wikipedia) also used as the mark(numbers) for identification in Nazi camps.

Well cut it off.....
I like tattoo and will love to have it on my skin too... recently I saw Angelina Jolie's various tattoos in newspaper. They were so alluring..Then I search about each and every tattoo of her on net and found it so amazing. She is the only person I know to have some meaningful tattoos. I just admire her tattoos...big fan!!! As a person I don't know how is she...but she got that brain and personality to hold those piece of art or piece of strength.



Yes I believe tattoo can give you such strength and confidence to hold you back in front of everybody.So choosing a right tattoo for yourself is really a tough job....think twice or thrice to get it on... After-all you don't want to be in some one else's skin. I'm fascinated by tattoos. Me and my husband thinking to have our own tattoo. Let see! I'm just dying to have it on my skin. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment