Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Felt I Was The Princess

Princess! yes I was the princess, my papa's princess, my mummy's princess. Every daughter is a little princess for their parents. This princess feeling one might not feel every other day in life, there are some special occasions which brings out the shine.There were many occasions in my life too but the special one was,"My Wedding"



Mine was arranged marriage, everything got fixed up within a month you can say it was, "jhat mangni patt byaa" it's a very old saying but perfectly true in our case. Everyone was happy at my side, I can assure that.Everyone means everyone..including all the pesky aunties of neighborhood, who were more worried about me than my parents. The society kids were happy campers too....I don't know why but I felt great about everything.

My papa always says that,"Akanksha is very lucky for me, even in deserts also flower can bloom because of her" :D. My wedding date was the busiest date..seemed like whole city is getting married. Every hotel said no empty halls for marriage are left now, But as my papa said, "lucky girl is always lucky". Best hotel in the town was booked, all arrangements were made perfectly and there at home the bride was busy with her beauty parlor's appointments, pre-wedding ceremonies,mehndi, guests....My mother wanted everything perfect for me, I shouldn't be disturbed for any single task.. :D "No mom I will help you out", but she said, "no need you just take rest,we will do everything".

The day I done mehndi on my hands, my cousin sisters were feeding me a food with their hand, and cracking jokes which were too early for me..lolz ;) Sister-in-laws were teaching me tricks, how to handle the situations in husband's house. Elder sisters were guiding me how to look fresh and beautiful on the D-day.Brothers were making fun of me, my saree, my bindi, my lipstick,"what is this, what you have done to your face, you looking weird".(sometimes boys don't understand such things until the time comes in their life, when they have to carry ladies hand bags.) Some elders were blessing me and saying,"we have seen you when you were a kid and see now you are getting married so soon".

On the D-day, I was on to my last appointment at beauty parlor. My make up was almost over and the stylist was making sure that my make-up should look totally different from other brides (yes! that day the parlor was flooded with brides :)) I was dressed elegantly and you won't believe some girls which were present there was taking my pictures with their mobile camera, may be they liked me in bridal outfit. I was on top of the world..feeling like real princess man! not real I was the princess that day.


when I arrived at the wedding venue with all that heavy outfit with whole make-up and that big puff bun on my head. Everyone rushed to my car to receive me, like some celebrity has arrived..I came out from the car and started walking over the carpet, spread on my way,I felt like I'm about to make a red carpet entry wow!..I was very happy, sisters were showing me their eyes and saying,"can't you behave like a bride, can we see some nervousness on your face". I said,"Ok I'm nervous please get me some limca guys and take me to the AC room". I wanted to look good when I saw my husby....after all that was the matter of 3rd impression I wanted to make on him.
When I saw the whole wedding venue in photographs later in my wedding album..it was so beautiful looks like some palace..I loved my mandap..


where the actual wedding ceremony held. The whole wedding was the awesome gift given by my family to me....especially my father, mother and brother..I love them so much! as we know not every girl can have such wedding arrangements for her, with lots of happy faces and blessings...that's why I Thank God and everyone... thanks thanks a ton!

I'm the luckiest, Fortunate and most happiest Princess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment