Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Queen Of Satpura :: How I Reached

In year 2010 I visited the new hill station the Pachmarhi (which was my 9th Hill-station out of 10 I visited till date in India), which is located in central India. Exactly in Madhya Pradesh (M.P)....also known as 'Pachmarhi cantonment', situated at a height of 1000 m in a valley of the Satpura Range in Hoshangabad district.

I was born and brought up in Gwalior .The historical+Royal city of M.P(That's why sometimes I need to be treated in a royal way dear Husby ;)) But after marriage I moved to New-Delhi...my parents once planed a trip to Pachmarhi and they wanted me to join with them to make it a family vacation :) I was happy. The exact plan was..first I'll reach Gwalior (take some rest at my sweet home) and from there we all will take Jabalpur express to Pachmarhi. So I got reservation in Bhopal shatabdi to reach Gwalior first but I missed it as the train scheduled to departure at 6:15 in the morning from New-Delhi station(It happens!!!). Then I got the ticket for the main train Ndls Jbp Sup Ex(Jabalpur express) ....In which my father had already booked seats for three of us. So indeed I did the half journey alone in the same train and my parents joined me at Gwalior station...I was happy again :)The Train took 6-7hrs from Delhi--Gwalior and 8hrs from Gwalior--Pachmarhi in average 13-14 hrs New-Delhi to Pipariya .

["Pipariya Station 4:30am"]



We reached Pipariya station at 4:30 in the morning (Pipariya sounds funny na!! :D) The distance between Pipariya and Pachmarhi is 47 kms and can be easily covered by taking a bus or taxi. we have booked a hotel in Pachmarhi in advance,so the hotel cab received us from Pipariya and we started our road journey to Pachmarhi.

The road journey was beautiful and breath-taking, I was enjoying the scenic beauty of nature early in the morning...did surya-namaskar (not with the complete 12 steps but with hands only) mean-while we entered the Satpura range...I can only see hills and Sagwan tree(Teak) plantation everywhere. Then we pass through the board saying,"Satpura Tiger Reserve"... then I gained a kind piece of knowledge (which I forget to gained in school days) that Pachmarhi lies within the Pachmarhi Biosphere Preserve, created in 1999 to link two forest reserves into a larger wildlife conservation area at the highest point in Central India (listed by UNESCO).

Well my Pachmarhi experience cannot be described in just one post, if I do so...then this post will become very big and tiring to read over so I have divided the whole experience in two posts..so kindly please read my next post for the full version Pachmarhi experience ;)

Happy reading!!!!

PS: In Pachmarhi only BSNL mobile network services are operational, rest network services are not available.

No comments:

Post a Comment