Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Turning in to Foodie - Snacks-1

No doubt these days I'm in love with cooking and eating food...and that's why my blog have partially turned in to a food blog...last to last week my breakfast marathon got hit.....so I decided why not to nourish my new passion for food all over again...well this time it's not a marathon but I'll try my best to post daily...this time I will be posting some of my all time favorite snacks, party snacks, small eats,tidbit...etc...etc...etc..I love snacks more than a meal.


So here is my first snack post........

Chane ki daal k Pakore with raw mango chutney



Cooking  level: Easy
Category:evening snack, party snack
Preparation time:15 min 

Ingredients: for pakoras

Chana daal : 1 cup  pre-soaked in water for half n hour before cooking (If you have less time then you can microwave daal in water for 1 min and keep it for 10-15 min aside.)
1 Onion chopped
1 or2 Green chilies chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying

Method :

  • First of all grand chana ki daal in a grander but not very fine, keep the consistency lil thick.
  • Add chopped onions, green chiilies, salt and mix well.
  • Now heat the deep fry pan add oil in it (health conscious can use olive oil)
  • Add slowly small parts of the mix in to the oil same like you make besan ka pakoras, fry it till golden brown.
  • serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.

Ingredients: for Raw mango chutney


1 Raw mango medium size
200gms of coriander leaves
1 green chili
1 big tomato
Black-salt half table spoon
Roasted cumin powder-1 spoon




Method:

  • Peel the raw mango, cut it in to small pieces, discard the seed 
  • Take a grander put the mango pieces in along with coriander leaves,green chili, toamato.
  • Grand it till fine.
  • Add black-salt and cumin powder and mix well.

 You can also serve these pakoras with curd , chutney, red chili powder, salt and cumin powder sprinkled over it























1 comment: