Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Women Vs Women Still

"Arre! Mrs.Sharma's daughter-in-law is expecting, fifth month is going on. It's a boy!, I'm telling you, I have seeing her womb!",said Mrs.Maheshwari. "Ya last time she gave birth to a girl,chalo this time Mrs.Sharma will be fortunate enough to hold her grand-son",said Mrs.Verma.

Almost in every society,Aunties like Mrs. Maheshwari and Mrs.Verma are living and having a daily routine of such chit-chat sessions over the expecting daughter-laws of the society. Where they feel themselves fortunate on a birth of a grand-son and gather to give condolence to a women like Mrs. Sharma on a birth of a grand-daughter.

Whenever I visit to my in-laws, the neighboring aunties are more worried than my mother-law,that when I'm going to announce the most awaited "good-news" to them. Whenever I touch their feet,I'm blessed to have a boy.It seems that they are granting me a sanction to give birth only to a boy, girls are not to seen from the Everest also.I feel very sad, why only boy? what girls have done to them? Two months back my cousin sister gave birth to a girl and on this my grand-ma got so worried that she refuses to go and see her, not even my grand-ma.I have heard similar stories involving all those orthodox grand-ma(s) and mother-laws.

I don't understand this world have changed,time have changed,food,life-style.....everything but one thing in this part of world cannot change and that is the girl child cannot come in this world without permission.

Two days back my maid asked me a leave from work,because she wanted to take her both the son to visit those famous temples,and thank God to blessing them with a boy they wanted.Beside those boys, my maid also have five daughters and while she is out with her sons those little girls were at home doing work and cooking their food for life. Well I don't think that I need to add more hiccups in the row to tel how women are against women.This is well studied research and well telecast subject on television these days.

I feel good when I see one of my friend keep on going for vacations along with her other married sisters, I just love to see their photos when they upload them, they all look good together,so happy and charming. This is how a sisterhood is, and I wish this is how a women-ship should be.Sometimes I feel, If I had a sister, then it would be more fun in life (though I have a best brother and sister-in-law in the world,we all love each other)But sometimes girl needs a girl to share their feelings like my mom do with her sisters....lol


But I seriously convey this message to everyone please no more backing girl's rights, they can make your life pleasant and most beautiful one.

10 comments:

  1. very true...i have also come across with same feeling...i am feeling like to share one of my experience which is related to this post..how things change????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. do agree wth all stuff..@akku..me also blessed 2 hve a boy fm my in-laws..:((..hope things'll change!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. same thoughts were going around my mind now a days....felt like how did u come to know my thoughts...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very true!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it happens...yaar story is same everywhere n everytime

    ReplyDelete
  6. But bhabhi in ur case ur in-laws are not expecting such things from you.....u r first for us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey dear..i never said my in-laws r expecting such things.. and i know they never will :) while i was going through ur post, my neighboring aunties came to my mind.. who also used to gossip about such things.. and so that "very very true " was for them :)

    ReplyDelete