Sunday, May 6, 2012

You, Me & Sunshine: Fun like never before

[This  post is a work of pure fiction. Characters portrayed are also fictitious, any resemblance to real person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.]    



19 April, Thursday afternoon, in the office I was dodging around the words for my new special article for the May issue of our magazine “Gals & Fun”. My editor had called me several times to ask about the article, if it is ready to float, and every time I had answered her in downbeat and begged for some spare time. My boss Anita is though kind hearted but her only principle, “time and work should go together”, strategize in our office to achieve the deadlines. On the basis of my previously published articles, which got many like(s) mails, she blessed me a weekend to complete it meticulously. My flair of writing is unbeatable with anyone in my team, may be it’s because of my passion for expressing is never suppressed my interest. But this time I wanted to write something incomparable, real fun that girls can have with each other, somewhere I was lagging the feel of fun. I was drawn deeply in the search of thoughts about fun, suddenly I felt some vibration on my cubical desk. For a moment I thought of an earthquake which is frequent in Kolkata for long time. Then I look out for rest of the things, but those were dead still, then I realize it’s my smart phone buzzing inside my bag kept over the desk.

I quickly dug it out from the bag and answered it.
Me: Hello?
Caller: Hey babes how you doing, it’s me Kyra
Me: Oh! Hi you changed your number?
Elena: yup it’s my new number and guess what I’m in town.
Me: wow! That’s great so let’s catch up for dinner.
Elena: what you think I have called for…I just want to inform you I‘ll be at your place at sharp 8.
Me: hmmmm……cool see you at 8.

I quickly hung up the call and saw the time…..it was 6 pm and also a time to call it a day for office. I spread my eyes around, almost everybody has gone, and my boss is still in the office as she works till late. I swiftly packed up everything and reached out of the office, if Kolkata traffic permits me, it will take almost 35 minutes to reach home. I rushed out my car from the parking and zoom it towards home. I reached at 7:10, bang in to the house, got fresh and changed in to my favorite pajama and spaghetti. I went in to the kitchen to arrange some refreshments for Kyra and as she said….at sharp 8 my door bell rang. I open the door and saw gracious Kyra standing in front of me.
Tada!!!! I’m on time, said Kyra.
I hugged her warmly and welcomed her in….It’s been a long time I met her, I remembered our last meeting in Mumbai on my official tour last year, still can’t believe that was the first time I met Kyra and since then we became a good buddies. Though we were hooked up with each other via facebook mean while, she made herself comfortable on the couch and I sat nearby. ‘Beautiful house’, she said.

I was unpacking the dinner which I had ordered for two of us on the dining table, Kyra opened the wine bottle which she brought for me and poured it in the glasses. We sat and raised the toast…..’To friendship’, Kyra said. So what you doing this weekend’, she asked while placing the spoon full of pasta in her mouth. Nothing much, as I got the deadline to finish my article for the next month issue’, I answered. ‘Hmmmm….so what are you going to write?’, she asked me again. I have no idea, nothing at all, but I want to write something full of fun this time’, I said.
We finished our dinner and sat in the balcony, so now tell me how come you planned this surprise visit and privileged me’, I asked her. Well that’s a long story, but you won’t believe, I’m on well planned trip, and Kolkata is my intermediate destination’, she replied with a smile. Oh! I see, ‘I said. Guess what, you are also a part of this trip,’ said  Kyra. Yes definitely of your “intermediate destination” right!’ I said. She smiled again and said okay let me reveal the secret, you, me & sunshine and fun like never before…what you say. I didn’t get you,’ I said. Oho! Listen last month I had participated in a contest, ’Lakme Sun Expert Diva’ and won a trip to exotic Andaman for two days and one night for two, So I have decided you are coming with me,’ she proclaim. What! but…I, How. I know you got weekend off, C’mon Akanksha we’ll have so much of fun on beach, you always wanted a trip like this haven’t you…just for two days, please say Yes,’ she said. I didn’t hear what she said, as I almost lost in the thoughts of beach and the color blue, suddenly I hear  Kyra’s voice, ‘are you listing to me’, patting my hand. I jerk up and said ya ya, I’m listening, well for two days it’s not a bad idea…Ok I will come with you,’ I declare.
 So When and at what time we are leaving’, I inquired while placing a water bottle in the guest room. 9 O’ Clock tomorrow morning’, she replied. What it’s half past eleven now and I haven’t pack anything’, I said worriedly. So what’s the big deal babe, you just have to pack beach dresses for two days that’s it’, she said while lying down over the bed. Hmmmm…ok Good night dear’, I said and came back in to my room. After packing up all the required things, I set the alarm for morning and went to sleep at 12:30.


20 April, Friday, 11:30 am. We reached the Port Blair airport. After collecting our luggage we headed towards the taxi stand. We took taxi to the Phoenix bay Jetty-Port Blair. We are directly going to Havelock island, straight to our booked resort’, said  Kyra. We reached Havelock in 90 minutes by Makruzz. There we found our pick-up to the resort. The journey from airport to the resort was great, but little bit of tiring, as I haven’t slept completely in the night. But after reaching to the luxurious resort, I felt so fresh. The room we got, has wooden flooring, the sea blue color of the walls made it more vibrant with finest furnishing, large flower vase arranged to the corner with cute lamp shade, the bed was king size, with all size pillows arranged nicely to the one side, Bathroom was roof-less, that’s means you can bath under the sun & moon.  Kyra removes the curtain to the side, Oh! My Gosh!’, she screamed in bizarre. I ran to her and saw that speechless view of Blue Ocean with those white waves, it was really out of the world.
Suddenly the door bell rang,  Kyra opened the door, and there was a resort guy, holding one envelope in hand, this is for  Kyra madam’, he said.  Kyra took that envelope from him and un-sealed it. What is for?’ I asked. Hmmmm…there is an invitation for the party, in the honor of all the Lakme Sun Expert contest winners and their guests. Wow! We got a company here, I didn’t know that’, I said. Yes there are some more winners from different cities too’,  Kyra replied.
We both got ready for the party,  Kyra wore her beautiful frilled mini skirt with a pink floral top, and she did her hairs well with cute pink flowers clipped to one side. I also wore my beautiful yellow floral dress, pulled out my hairs to one side and clipped. No doubt we both were looking gorgeous. Before going out,  Kyra stopped me and handed me a cute yellow bottle, which reads Lakme Sun Expert Fairness + UV Lotion with SPF 50. Don’t ever forget to apply this before you go out in the sun, this protects your skin, no matter how strong the sunrays are. I did so and we went out. We headed to the party venue, it was on the beach, and the venue was beautiful, white color of sand, green color of palm trees, and sea blue color of the ocean, the picture was worth seeing than describing. We saw a big group of girls chatting, laughing and enjoying the party already. Oh! I think we are bit late’, said Kyra. We were welcomed by a manager with drinks and flowers in hand. We grabbed our drinks and flowers and joined the group. While we were busy in chit chatting, I herd a masculine voice. We all look towards the dance floor, there was one tall, handsome guy, with long hairs, wearing casuals, needed our attention. He was the owner of the resort, speaking through microphone, in order to welcome all the ladies to his resort, he also informed us about the amenities we are provided with in the resort. After he finished he whispered something in DJ’s ear and went off. DJ started hitting the music loud and clear. Where that resort owner vanished! He is damn handsome yaar, what do you think is he single?’ Kyra asked. Well you are not alone asking this dear’, I replied in smile. We were served with variety of snacks and drinks.

We hit that dance floor like crazy, Honestly, I never had dance like that before….thoroughly enjoyed. I also won the Lakme gift hamper for most stylish beach dress in that party. That was the glee moment for me. Party finished with the lunch on the pool side. After lunch me and Kyra relaxed for some moment on a beach chair. The cool and fresh air feels so soft on my face, the sound of the waves coming and going, there was something in that quiet environment, Yes I have never enjoyed Sun rays like that before. I closed my eyes and drown deeply in my thoughts, Wake up sweetie, it’s time to go back to our room’, said Kyra. I opened my eyes and saw the time it’s 5’O clock in the evening. Time flew like anything’, I said.
Back in room we got refreshed, changed and went again outside for a evening stroll, no doubt the resort was beautiful, the ambience was simply great. We sat under a circular Nicobari hut, which was present there for sitting, we were busy in looking around the place eventually a guy came and sat on the front chair beside us. Hello! I’m Rob, owner of this place, I hope you are enjoying the stay. Oh! Yes this place is awesome, I love the every bit of it’, Kyra said, excitedly. I second her. Rob’s looks were Mexican, at once we thought he’s a foreigner, who came here settled down his business. But as he said, his hometown is in Delhi, we were surprised. He pointed towards another hut and said, ‘that’s our restaurant, you can enjoy sea-food, continental, Italian, indo-continental food there. After that he stood up and wishes the fun and time, and went back. Kyra was looking towards him only, she was gone totally. I have no issues if he is the Mexican or Italian’, Kyra said playfully and winked. I smiled at her. After having dinner we went to our room and slept in peace & recollection of a beautiful day we spent. 

 Sun-set of mountains and sun-rise of a sea, both are the breath-taking views, I have herd. So to experience it I woke up early as bird next morning with Kyra, got ready to head towards the one of the most beautiful beaches in the world…The Radhanagar beach of Havelock. We took one scooter on rent which is easily available there and we drove through the beautiful countryside of Havelock and after ten minutes we reached our destination. The Sun was about to rise, as a red color layer spread just above the sea. We saw some more tourists making their way to the beach. With in a moment we saw a round red colored ball rising from the sea, it was worth seeing. I asked Kyra, ‘do you know Suryanamaskar steps’. Ya but not orderly’, she replied. I stood straight to show her, and we did suryanamaskar thrice. Some foreigners were watching us and they also started copying the steps. It was real fun. I and Kyra clicked some pictures, meanwhile the sun was rose fully. We had so much fun. We drove back to our resort and packed up things, got ready, had breakfast, as we have to leave Havelock Island and reach Port Blair airport by 11 am.  
         
Kyra, thanks a lot, I will never forget this trip and time spent with you’, I said. Same here dear, this fastens our friendship bond, it was a unforgettable journey’, Kyra said. We were standing out side the Kolkata airport as our flight from Port Blair landed on time. Kyra got a next flight to Bombay after half n hour. We exchanged our warm goodbye to each other, Kyra went back in to the airport and I headed towards the taxi stand. I reached home, things were set as they were, suddenly I realize that my trip is over and I’m back to the old routine. I cleaned up the house, made a cup of coffee and turn-on my laptop. A yellow colored notice was blinking on the top right-side of my lappy screen…I remembered the deadline which my boss gave me on Thursday afternoon. My article I have almost forgotten about this during this trip. I opened the new word file. Thought for a moment, yes now I know what to write for the article, I definitely got the feeling of fun now, so lets do it. ‘FUN LIKE NEVER BEFORE’ I wrote the heading and went on.



This post is written exclusively for the Lakme Diva Blogger contest

For more detail click to the link below

https://www.facebook.com/ilovelakme


6 comments:

  1. I feel like replacing my name with Elena's :-)

    Nicely written Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankie!!!......one day we both will go for such trip...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice story..i will pray for u to get selected... and don't plan a trip without me guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sweetie!.....ya we will take u with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ruchi....dear they changed the girl's name to Kyra now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Apparently you shared some enthralling moments with super cool Kyra in Andamans...Enjoyed reading ur neat narration.All the best, AKanksa:))

    ReplyDelete