Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Chanakya's Chant





Blogging isn’t easy for those who think what to write or muse daily, it’s the interest of those who want to express themselves all the time. 

I’m happy to own this interest as this is my only passion these days. Now I’m managing two blogs at the same time, Ya got busy in setting up my new food blog properly, now I got time to share some words here.

Recently I ended up reading a novel “Chanakya’s Chant” by Ashwin Sanghi. Here is my review on this book.

Chanakya Chant is a deliberately written and a very fine novel by the author. The story revolves around two men, one who changed the history and one who is keen to make a history. Before reading this book I only knew Chanakya as India’s one of the most knowledgeable, renowned teacher from ancient India. But this book introduced Chanakya to me well, as a sharp intellectual, clued-up, whose stars were more brighter than a king as he was the king-maker. How Chanakya’s Arthashastra invented and many things.

Other side the book contrasts the story of Gangasagar who was born with the same stars of as Chanakya’s  and have a mind to create history of his own…but the connection between the story of Chanakya and Gangasagar was the Suvasini’s curse to Chanakya. Well I really like the way it’s written and narrated But one thing which I can’t bear is politics and in this book there is only politics politics n politics…but It made a good read.

So this book goes in to my good book collection.

Happy reading!         


No comments:

Post a Comment