Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2 States and that thing called Love

Hiii....God!.... finally I got my brain in gear and cajole my hand to write this post, coz I was bit confused to write about what. Actually this blog writing worked like a therapy for me, earlier my brain works like a smoking chimney who fuss about things n various thoughts going through my mind and slowly slowly it was turning in to detrimental to myself, though nobody sees smoke coming out of my head n I haven't turned in to green Hulk. But ever since I have started writing the blog, it cleans up the space in my mind for new thoughts and I feel relief-ed n fresh, same like as the professor Dumbledore does in the movie(Harry potter), just a difference he does it with his wand.

Okay coming to the point.....in this post m sharing my thoughts about two books.

Recently I have finished reading on two national bestsellers..........Firstly non other than the Chetan Bhagat's - "2 states" (I know I have accomplished it a bit late, but I can't help it m a house-wife too, so I have to finish bundles of task first). secondly, the Tuhin A Sinha's - "that thing called LOVE". Well the later one I have started first during my journey from Gwalior to Delhi.

I can count the number of people on my fingers that night in Shatabdi (and these railway people said there is no seat available as they always do, as we travel for free in trains).I was feeling a bit alone among the bunch of strangers and since I had three full hours to do nothing just to sit n guard the luggage n also to guard myself keeping one Kareena's dialog in mind, "akeli ladki khuli tijori ki tarah hoti hai " from the movie Jab we met. So for my sake I decided to read this book, though I have bought this a year earlier but never read it......

that thing called LOVE is a love story of a guy named Mayank an eligible bachelor and the girl Revathi a happily married woman with a lovely daughter. Story was good,cover page was beautiful, emotions were good, feeling were natural, language is too Hi-fyi with some adult expressions but one thing I caught on why a happily married woman falls in love with a bachelor guy with no strings attached? but the vice versa is bit common.
Well the story ends with nothing in hand for both the guy n the girl. So I felt bit disappointed....and then as always.. my husband advised me(thats y I love him he always know my comfort zone) to read over the "2 sates" which he has gifted me once and again for the same reason I couldn't get through it. So then I said lets cut it off n read this.....

2 sates is also a love story of Krish n Ananya from different states of India....I just love everything about the book....mostly the humor which was awesome n for which I like to read chetan...for me the humor is only one thing which makes an individual loving n demanding...so the sense of humor is really important which I think.
From starting to the end I can't resist myself to giggle over. God bless Chetan n his generation to sweeten up our free time when we seek some light thoughts. So for all those who still have not made it to read this one.......Its a must read!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey i also am a big "2 states" fan....The tale infact is really close to our love story.....

    Cheers to Bhagat saheb !

    ReplyDelete