Thursday, April 7, 2011

First Adventure Act Of My Life

Sharing about my first adventure act here doesn't mean that m not that adventurous in nature...infact I'm really open to these opportunities, which comes once in a while.....though I happened to be on adventure trip earlier(not in exact sense adventurous) like tracking up to the Katarmal ancient sun temple in Almora...but that wasn't in my adventure shoes though(I mean to say without tracking pants, backpack, sunglasses...how can u be a tracker!) so I can't count that one here. But this time I was on well planned camping n rafting trip to Rishikesh.

At sharp 4 O'Clock in the morning my cell phone's alarm started ringing...I woke up but shut it off n gone back to sleep, but my inner voice as always started giving me lectures n I have to wake up again..in a short time(for me its an hour) I was ready to go on....I woke up my Husby to get ready too n 5:30 in the morning we started.....in the middle we picked up our friend couple n again we started our journey.

We were heading to Rishikesh the gateway to Himalaya and the city of temple, yoga n meditation and famous for white water rafting, hiking n tracking.The spectacle of the Ganga rushing through the Himalayan foothills is an awesome sight to experience there. We reached there around 12 p.m.


We have booked two tents on the bank of Ganga near shivpuri via Wunderlust travels. We reached the camp site, claim our tents n just sat by the river, pleasing the beauty of the nature. It was the greatest experience of having the sense of cool breeze on the face while the foots are in the water that too when the stroking sun is over your head its a wildest combination ...right!!!. After having lunch we got ourselves ready for the main act...The Rafting.

There were only four of us on the raft of course with the one guy who guide us through rapids, He was like the Captain of our small raft. We have to follow up his instructions and commands and it goes like this, " Team row forward", "Team row backward ", "Team drop in" (to drop in the raft for safety, as we have to sit on the edges) and my favorite command, " Team relax" (u feel heaven when u hear this command after rowing continuously and ur hands are paining like hell )...well after rowing for a while we started facing rapids, though there are up to 7th level of rapids but we have faced only up to 3rd level. The Money maker, three Mouse and the body surfing were the names of the rapids.

After crossing money maker our captain said,"If you want you can swim here" then what guyz quickly jumped in to the water as they were waiting for the moment.Their move actually instigate me and I too jumped in......God! it was soooo chilling man!...I was happy..happy for myself coz I did it...that was the day of achievement.Rafting took whole 1 hour and it was purely fun.But as it is said,"there is no gain without pain".

Pain!!!! it was horrible, I was screaming mutely laying down on my bed in the tent at midnight. Oh! God my leg , my arm, my back please relief me, I will never go for rafting again...but it won't help until I swallowed up a painkiller. Next morning I woke up in the nature's lap with no pain but the only gain. It was the amazing trip, fully enjoyed.

8 comments:

  1. Love it, beautifully wrote. Excellent !!
    So when would be your next trip ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!!.....let c waiting for the right time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well crafted.....liked it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, it creates pain in me, why i was not der? I can imagine ur tour vth ur word's eye...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks....yes the trip was awesome

    ReplyDelete