Friday, September 9, 2011

Homemaker: Not working for salary women


After marrying your prince charming, if you have decided to take the charge and appoint yourself for this full-time-not-paying job. Then the homemaker is the exact word for you.Ya it sounds like and also gives you the feeling of superwoman! No no no please don’t confuse it with the word Housewife. Believe me though the meaning is same but there is dissimilarity between the two words.
Have a Brief look

House-wife: You might have seen your mother, mother-in-law,your aunties or any mid-aged women in your family and relatives .Who worked for 24x7 around the house. Their day starts early and ends late at night dedicatedly. One antique chabi-ka-guchha (key chain) is always dangling to their waist. You can easily get the idea by this list mentioned below.

*    The chabi-ka-guchha (key chain) which includes all the keys around the house (store key, main gate key, room key, safe key etc etc.)
*    Wake-up at 5’o clock in the morning.
*    Take bath, dress up and then straightly in to the Pooja room (prayer room).
*    Wake up the family and get them ready for the school, office etc…respectively.
*    Prepare breakfast, clean-up the house.
*    Get things ready for the lunch.
*    Get involved in misc works around the house.
*    Get things ready for the dinner.
*    Have food only after everyone has downloaded their stomach.


Homemaker: After decay of the 19th century (approx.) women got open up to the word “Homemaker” in India and they loved to be entitled as the homemaker rather than the house-wife. Homemaker who manages the home, directs the home, it also includes the taste of versatility, dynamic multi tasking skills. You might have seen that ‘Moov’ commercial, in which the lady keeps on saying “Expert kaun” while grabbing the task from her husband’s hand, this very well shows that women also want designation for this full-time-not-paying job .In this professional world….Yes! It’s also to do with the professionalism.

What makes Homemakers different from House-wives.

*    They wake-up early, do all the morning chores and involve themselves in workout, yoga, meditation for the fit body.
*    Breakfast on the table with everyone.
*    Clean-up house, set entire things at right place….yes I’m hinting the things like sofa-cushions, pillows, kid’s toys, tea cups, clothes etc….by knowing the fact that these things will soon leave their right place.
*    Will search a new recipe from internet, read lots of lifestyle magazines…how to keep good homes and gardens.
*    Lunch on table with everyone.
*    Go for some shopping, read books, dance-music, write a blog…do anything which keep themselves lively.
*    Replace fresh flowers in the vase.
*    Dinner on the table with everyone.                                   
        
Sometimes people asks me what you do? are you working?…and I reply no I'm not working,then they says oh! so you are a house-wife, again I reply no I'm a Homemaker.Yes I loved to be called as, coz I believe there is a life in this word, whereas house-wife give you the negative illustration of women. This gives you the strength to socialize equally with other paid-working women. You can proudly say…yes I’m the Homemaker and I can place cushion at the right place each time I find it on the floor. I can give my husband a fresh pair of socks on his hand every time he asks for it. I can also lure my broods to eat properly by preparing a new recipe everyday and in the last I can blog about my feelings my thoughts with everyone.I have the dynamic skill of multitasking.

This is what My Two Cents!
Akanksha Singh




6 comments:

  1. Nice web decoration, layout is also good in the eye. Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too good...got lost in ur post while reading...u r a true homemaker...aj ki hitech nari..who writes such beautiful posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav is "I can place cushion at the right place each time I find it on the floor. I can give my husband a fresh pair of socks on his hand every time he asks for it. I can also lure my broods to eat properly by preparing a new recipe everyday..."

    Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Henry thanks!
    @Ruchika thanks yaar...there are no other ways left beside writing for this hi-tech nari these days...but m happy u liked it!

    @Ruchi Thanks yaar!!! but u won't believe I knew that u will love these lines really missing those red heart shape and triangle cushions...lol Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hi! ! Aren't you on Wordpress anymore ?

    Anyways, about the homemaker.... looks exactly like my Mother... ever the martyr. She's happy though. I think ! !

    Cheers! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. @megaworthit ....yes my wordpress blog is shifted here....n this is my only blog... :)

    ReplyDelete