Thursday, September 1, 2011

Faith and Belief

Is fasting a whole day for long life of the husband is a good practice ? Does a single day makes any difference?Then why not husbands do such practice too? What is your faith and belief? 


Yesterday was the Teej day! Hartalika Teej...yes a one more day in Indian calender.....for wives to show her love towards her beloved husbands and praying for his long and healthy life....in doing so she keeps herself on whole day fasting..no food no water....Praying continue until the next sunrise.

My marriage is now two and half years old and I have been keeping this fast since the first year of our marriage...It feels good that you are doing something for your loving husband...but sometimes I really feel to put this question open in air...does this one day makes any difference?...I'm not questioning the faith coz I have enough faith in God.But I really don't like the idea of keeping yourself on whole day fasting... struggling from headache, weakness...ya I understand that praying gives you the strength but It's really difficult to ignore body energy needs.

I have some other questions too. Which Every 21'st generation women have common questions...Why only wives keeps the fast and not husbands?  Husbands don't wish for the longer life of their wives and keep fast for that purpose? Why every system of belief, ritual, tradition, devotion should be followed by woman, wives,girl for their male partner, son..? 

Well If you ask me ..Honestly I don't believe in fasting for long life concept...whatever be the fact this one day makes any difference.Beside this I will love take a charge of loving my husband 24X7 , serve him with  a healthy food and taking a good care of him....creating a healthy lifestyle for him whole day whole night and also pray to God everyday to keep on giving us plenty of time to be-together.Isn't it enough to be a good wife...

Well different people different cerebration. But still love the spirit of fasting after-all this an another way to show your love.But my way is different.
Take care of yourself
Akanksha Singh
1st September 2011

1 comment: