Monday, September 19, 2011

What's with Indian Ghosts!!!


Heard of fairytales…ok, heard of Panchtantra stories…ok, heard of Ghost stories….alright! And what about Indian ghost stories? You might be thinking what wonder push me to put this discrimination of Ghost here. What’s with Indian Ghost! Well they got matchless style…particularly a female ghost. Every woman in India love to wear anklets and this zeal remains after the death also. They give us the feel of their presence in such a melodic way.  All over the haunted places in India, most of them are preoccupied by female ghosts and native people are very sure about their existence as they hear the sound of anklet while they walk down the place.

Anklet sound!…sounds really interesting. This sound arose the level of curiosity in Ghost interested people that they intentionally go for a night stay. With all that skeptic heart they pull themselves from the fear and bravely try to spend whole night in such places to have an experience of that anklet’s jingling. They might hear the jingling or may encounter the reason behind those jingling. Everything is strange but I’m not. Yes I have no courage to put myself knowingly in such situations…I have got many anklets and I love their jingling, I’m satisfied and not interested in how other’s anklet sounds and how old their design is.

Two month ago I have shifted to a small city of West Bengal. This is surrounded by all kind of greeneries and lots of water (it rains heavily here) and my sweet little house also surrounded by such greenery. I find empty snail’s shell every other day in my backyard. Sometimes yellow colored printed small snakes come to swim in the backyard water well. Night and the rainy season give you the piece of music by frogs (well I came from the metro city so these things bother Me.) you can find almost all kind of musical insects here. One evening I was cooking in the kitchen and I herd some digital sound. The sound was very much similar to the sound comes from our cell phone keypad.  It was insect's sound so I named it as the digital insect. I told my husband about my new discovery, he heard the sound and told me ya kind of digital but it is much similar to the anklet’s jingling. His words swirl my sound system and that digital sound appeared no more digital to me. Honestly! It changed to anklet jingling. Yes I was scared because I grew up hearing all those haunted stories of female ghost with their anklet jingling. Then my husband explained me the sound story….some insects produce such kind of sound…so relaxed it’s an insect sound only. Then I searched on net  about those insect and I found all the Cricket family bears such kind of sound and I also got one audio of insect’s sound effect so that you can also listen to it.Click here

Today also psychologically that digital sound is still the anklet‘s jingling to me. But whenever I hear it I say to my husband, “here she comes”. Now I know all the haunted places are also a habitat of such insects too. So people give it a second thought if you have encountered such sounds.

Happy Discovering! 

3 comments: